Saturday, April 12, 2014

From Burn Mark to Bug

Fiddling

There are some snazzy looking blogs out there. Mine looks kinda like a 10 year-old created it. Well, maybe not that good... I have blogged before, for several years, actually, but it's been a couple of years since I stopped. I'm still struggling with wrapping text around images! It's somewhat fun to play around--until I get to a bang-head-on-wall stage. The templates are different now and I'm working with some images on PicMonkey. Anyway, this is sort of an "Stay tuned, I'm still on it" post. So I'll post a picture or two! Hope I don't have to spend 45 minutes trying to get the text to wrap...

OK, it doesn't look right. I'll mess with it later. 

The problem illustrated here and its solution resulted from one of my cats knocking an iron (you probably guessed!) off the board. It has an auto shut-off (Praise to whatever you believe in) but it didn't switch off until a nice burn mark appeared on the floor. I was going to have it sanded and repaired, but after thinking for about 20 seconds about the cost, trouble, and likely poor outcome, I decided on a different approach. Hope you like it! I feel better now! My mom used to let us kids draw on the wall and do similar stuff most moms would never allow, then or now, so I thank her for allowing my imagination to flourish :)


No comments: